The UK Health and Learning Disabilities Network has been been a key place to share information about the health of people with learning disabilities in the UK since the early 2000s. Everyone who has an interest in the health of people with learning disabilities is welcome to join.
It gives members access to a national community of people interested in health and people with learning disabilities, including nurses, doctors, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, commissioners and university lecturers/professors.
The network aims to assist health practitioners in both mainstream and specialist services with the health and learning disability agenda and concentrates on problem solving, information sharing and networking.
While the network is aimed at health professionals, people with learning disabilities, parents, friends, relatives, national and local policy makers, service providers, commissioners are most welcome to join.
You are welcome to use the UK Health and Learning Disabilities Network to:
- to find/request information on health and people with learning disabilities
- to share your knowledge and experiences
- to highlight and discuss concerns
- to support each other
- to find out the latest learning disability related news, events and information, and
- to connect with other like-minded people.